SSB Electric Steam Boilers
- All wetted metal parts are stainless steel.
- Passivation-Pressure Vessel per QQ-P-35 Standard
Water with a minimum of 1 meg ohm-cm specific resistivity must be used for proper & safe boiler operation.
STAINLESS STEEL ELECTRIC BOILERS
Sussman SSB Boilers minimize contaminants because all-wetted metal parts are
Stainless Steel. Whenever copper, iron or other materials cannot be tolerated in the steam and/or process, a Sussman SSB Stainless Steel Boiler is the product of choice for clean steam.
- Pharmaceutical, Chemical Process, Sterilization, Food Processing, Cosmetics, Autoclaves and other clean steam.
- Series 304 stainless steel pressure vessel. Series 316/316L pressure vessel available - consult factory.
- Passivation of pressure vessels and fittings
- Built to ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes Sect. I UL and cUL Listed. National Board registered.
- Tested to rigid Q.C. Inspection Procedures.
- LOW WATER CUT-OFF/LEVEL CONTROL
Float type automatically maintains proper water level for safe operation and shuts off the boiler when the water supply falls below a safe level. Auxiliary low-water cut-off supplied in addition to primary control as standard
- WATER LEVEL SIGHT GLASS
Permits visual observation of water level while unit is in operation.
- MAIN ON-OFF SWITCH
Permits manual operation of boiler control circuit.
- STEAM STOP-VALVE
Ball valve; quick closing.
- PILOT LIGHT
Indicates boiler on/off condition.
- INTEGRAL ELECTRICAL CONTROL
Magnetic contactors for energizing boiler elements are integrally mounted in the control unit.
- BLOWDOWN/DRAIN VALVES
Permits easy blowdown and draining.
- LONG LIFE HEATING ELEMENTS
Industrial Grade heavy duty 0.420 inch diameter stainless steel sheath heating elements with one piece resistance welded terminations for added life and security.
- OPERATING PRESSURE CONTROL
Automatically maintains pre-set operating pressure within boiler.
- RUGGED INDUSTRIAL CONSTRUCTION
- AUXILIARY LOW WATER CUTOFF
- PASSIVATION PER QQ-P-35 STANDARD
- NEMA 1 Louvered enclosure standard
- LINE PRESSURE WATER FEED
MEETING CODE REQUIREMENTS
- Built to ASME Section I for max 100 PSIG. Vessel National Board Registered. Code E certified
- Electrical construction conforms to NEC requirements.
- UL and cUL Listed.
IF A BOILER IS FOR INSTALLATION OUTSIDE THE USA THE CUSTOMER/PURCHASER MUST ADVISE THE INSTALLATION LOCATION TO SUSSMAN PRIOR TO PLACING ORDER. ADDITIONAL COSTS AND/OR OTHER ACTIONS MAY BE INVOLVED IN COMPLYING WITH COUNTRY, PROVINCIAL AND/OR LOCAL JURISDICTIONAL CODE REQUIREMENTS. CUSTOMER/PURCHASER TAKES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ADVISING SUSSMAN PRIOR TO THE TIME ORDER IS PLACED.
- STEAM SAFETY VALVE
ASME Code Safety Valve automatically opens to reduce pressure.
- STEAM PRESSURE GAUGE
Allows visual observation of steam while unit is in operation.
- MANUAL RESET PRESSURE CONTROL
Provides high limit pressure cut-off with manual reset feature.
FACTORY AVAILABLE OPTIONS
complete complement of optional equipment for
SSB and other Sussman steam boilers is described
in Sussman Product sheets OES. Options covered
include water feed systems, condensate returns,
progressive sequencers; automatic blowdown systems,
blowdown separators, transformers.
SSB Spec. Sheet>>